Sunday, August 22, 2010

Fantastic Weekend!

I have to write about this, there is no getting around it.  Yesterday, down in Pennsylvania, two of my very good friends were married at 1pm.  I was very fortunate to be able to attend this amazing and blessed event.  To witness Geoff and Rebecca start their life journey together, I've come to have a better understanding of how God has come to work in their lives.  These two are truly meant to be together, and it is not by chance, but by God's will.  In some ways I believe I have always had some knowledge an understanding of what this meant, but to see it in action, to see God working through my friends,  I know God is also speaking to me through them saying " follow me and know the love you are witnessing for yourself" A very powerful realization that only added to the joyful events of the evening.  Before the wedding I was writing a letter to Geoff and Rebecca that included some thoughts about their upcoming marriage.  I cited one of favorite bible verses and it again seems to be appropriate here. 

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that we who believe in him, shall not parish but have eternal life. 

Something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment